Saturday, January 16, 2016

My love affair with off camera flash.

Why do I use off camera flash? Why do I love off camera flash? Do you care?
I use off camera flash because I think it enhances my images. Being able to control the lighting and look gives me a rush. The reason why I love off camera flash comes from that feeling I get after pushing the shutter, take the picture and then look on the back of the camera. Having the image I envisioned in my head looking back at me gets me every time. That's were the love affair comes from. 
Don't get me wrong natural light pictures have there place and they too can look amazing. There are natural light photographers who do amazing work and have awesome images. And yes I am jealous of them but only in a good way. That jealous makes me work harder to do the best I can. I don't hate anyone for their work. Seeing their work is the reason why I love photography. 
Here is an example of adding a flash to an image.

Natural light only with the tree in shade.


Add the flash in a softbox.



The tree with flash added.


And the final image.



And yes clients do care when it's their family, senior or wedding pictures. 

No comments: